- Collections of preserved butterflies (including gigantic Rajah Brooke Species)
- A tiny moon rock donated by NASA to our former PM (from NASA's first lunar expedition)
It was a COOL learning experience. Imagine discovering science in a museum. Well, that was a decade ago.
Few days ago, I revisited National Museum in Jalan Damansara, Kuala Lumpur. I was IMPRESSED! Everything changed. One word to sum it all - MODERN. I saw interactive exhibits with high tech AV (audio & video). A creative and educational way to reach out to the public. 'Malaysia Boleh' (translation: Malaysia...Yes You Can).
I like to share with you my TOP 10 MUST-SEE exhibits in National Museum, creatively integrated in my poster. This is my first attempt designing a poster. A challenging and time consuming task. I LOVE to hear your comments and critiques. Feel free to drop your comments.
Behold! My poster.
My Top 10 COOL EXHIBITS In National Museum
Click this picture to view actual size or [CLICK HERE]
Designed by mylo. That's me!
- This is a preview.
- You need to click the above image to load the poster.
- When the poster is fully loaded, click two times to view the original dimension 1280 X 1024 (actual poster size).
My Top 10 MUST-SEE Exhibits in National Museum:
- Homosapiens Skull - The Legacy of Perak Man
- Giant Top/Gasing from Midanao, Philippine
- Merdeka Parker Pen
- The murals of National Museum Made With Italian Mosaic Tiles
- Makara Stone
- Statue of Avalokitesvara
- Unique Traditional Betel Sets/Tepak Sirih
- Dong Son Drum
- Sword That Killed J.W.W. Birch
- Exotic Pending Gold Buckle
Poster Technical Details:
- Original Dimension: 1280 X 1024
- Poster Size: 343kb
- Photographer & Designer: mylo (shloke)
- Software: Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
Last updated 5th March 2010 (8:53 p.m.) Re-up broken link.
National Museum (Muzium Negara) - Download Brochures:
Note: These files are hosted in MediaFire. All broken links are RE-UP. Last updated 18th February 2010 (10:10 p.m.)
National Museum (Muzium Negara) - Contact Details:
National Museum (Muzium Negara),
Jabatan Muzium Malaysia,
Kementerian Penerangan, Komunikasi dan Kebudayaan Malaysia,
Jalan Damansara, 50566 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel 03 2267 1000
Fax 03 2282 6434
Daily 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Opens every day except during the first day of Aidil Fitri and Aidil Adha.
Tickets are priced at RM2.00. It can be purchased at the ticket counter.
Free for children under twelve years of age and children wearing school uniform.
National Museum (Muzium Negara) - Getting There:
Board the RapidKL bus No.115 (KL City Shuttle RM2 per day) at Central KL. KL Hop-in Hop-Off bus service is also available. For KL Hop-in Hop-Off bus, Muzium Negara is located at bus stop no 12.
By KTM Commuter and Rapid Kelana Jaya Line (Previously known as Putra LRT)
Get off at KL Sentral station, and then walk a distance of 0.5 km to Muzium Negara. Pedestrian path is available from KL Sentral to Muzium Negara. Follow the signboards.
There is ample parking space available at the Muzium Negara. The parking rate is RM2.00 for cars and RM1.00 for motorcycles.
National Museum (Muzium Negara) - Google Maps:
National Museum (Muzium Negara) - Thing To Do/See:
- Gallery A (Early History Exhibits)
- Gallery B (The Malay Kingdoms Exhibits)
- Gallery C (Colonial Era Exhibits)
- Gallery D (Malaysia Today Exhibits)
- Aboriginal Culture Exhibits (In Separate Building)
- Malay Culture in Asia (In Separate Buildings)
- Asean Exhibits (In Separate Buildings)
National Museum (Muzium Negara) - Read More/Useful Links:
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Museum_(Malaysia) (National Museum - Wikipedia Article)