Kuala Lumpur CHINATOWN - A Forgettable Trip (Part 1)

Posted by shloke 01 November 2008
Article Preview

Title: Reflection
Location: Lebuh Pasar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 November 2008, 12.53pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100

Reflection of another building across the road. The shadow was clear because the workers has just finished cleaning the windows. I love the golden shadow formed on the windows.

Title: Loke Yew Building
Location: Merdeka Square, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 november 2008, 12.33pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100

I twisted the camera angle to get this shot...I have to say I love this shot. This building was named after a famous businessman and philanthropist during the British Malaya era - Loke Yew

Title: Little Red mansion
Location: Lebuh Pasar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 November 2008, 11.28am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100

Look like a Mexican building. This is actually a Chinese eatery shop selling economy or mixed rice. On a usual afternoon, you can see lots of senior citizens having a cup of tea and chit chatting away.

Title: The T Building
Location: Lebuh Pasar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 November 2008, 11.38am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100

A post-90 era building. The building is surrounded with alphabet T like structure and typical shaded twin window.

Title: The Shoe Box Building
Location: Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 November 2008, 12.34pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100

When I look at this building, I can only see windows...everywhere! Another pre-war building in the vicinity. I try out different angle to get this picture. It created an inclined impression of the the vertical and horizontal lines. When I examine the picture again, I discovered there are different colouration on the window panels...a mixture of light blue and the others are dark green.

Title: Old and Dilapidated
Location: Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 November 2008, 11.39am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100

Another building left to decayed. Such an ugly and distasteful sight for visitors.

Title: Colonial Building
Location: Lebuh Pasar, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 1 November 2008, 12.30pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100


This picture was taken at Lebuh Pasar, Kuala Lumpur. I love the combination of yellow, white and a bit of black dirt on the building. This building is estimated to be over 100 ++ years old. They are few other pre-war shop lots around the corner. Unfortunately, little effort is done to preserve these building. New tenants tend to remove the traditional structure and rebuild their shops to modern day architecture. So, its a bit confusing looking at these buildings because you will see modern and old days shop next to each other.
Title: Pink and Stylish
Location: Central Market, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 2 June 2008, 12.33pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 100

A picture taken quite some time back. Another pre-war building facing the Central Market. Some preservation work is visible in this building. A mixture of traditional and modern day architecture that blend perfectly. Thumbs up for the good work. I was standing across the road to capture this picture. The hue of pink colour is simply amazing!

I'll explain in Part 2 why my trip to Chinatown is undesirable.

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter