Article Preview

Title: Bangkok Bank
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 28 January 2009, 11:09am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/10.0, ISO Equiv.: 100
Twisted angle of the bank's entrance. Looking at this financial building brings back good old memories - I remember those childhood moments holding a packet of soya bean drink from Chinatown and waiting for buses with my mom in front of this building.

Title: RHB Financial Building
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 28 January 2009, 10:40am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100
A box-like building - felt like flipping over a huge dictionary.

Title: The Kuala Lumpur Tower
Location: Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 28 January 2009, 8:18am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100
A faraway view of the tower. This picture was taken few minutes after I alighted from the bus. I was walking towards the main gated entrance to the forest when I chance upon this wonderful scenery - I took out my camera and snapped this picture instantly.

Title: The Kuala Lumpur Tower
Location: Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 28 January 2009, 8:18am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100

A close-up shot of the Kuala Lumpur Tower. I skipped the KL Tower trip entirely. Entrance fee per adult is RM38 - way too expensive for me.

Title: HSBC Building
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 28 January 2009, 11:14am

Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/9.0, ISO Equiv.: 100

Argh..this building is an eyesore to modern day architecture - too many sharp edges, dull facade and monotone panels.

I delayed posting Part 3 because I was having extreme fever for three days continuously. I'm feeling much better today after taking cocktails of medicine given by the GP. I'm very disappointed with my sickness because I missed out the Thaipusam celebration at Batu Caves. I really wanted (desperately and badly) to take a bus to the mythical cave to capture those wonderful kavadi bearers in ACTION and also enjoy the riot of colours, people and festive-like environment over there.

Other than that, I just started working in a new company. Having fever and taking another two days off really set a bad impression on me. I needed to work harder to compensate for it.

The above pictures were taken the moment I emerged from Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve. It was a hot and bluish morning. A real good day to take photos. These are the concrete jungle at the heart of Kuala Lumpur.

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter