A 365 Days Project In The Making

Posted by shloke 16 December 2009
I started documenting the beauty of Kuala Lumpur (KL) and Putrajaya since November last year. As of December 2009, I've explored 30 places of interest in KL and 5 places in Putrajaya.

Kuala Lumpur, the capital city, IS Malaysia, and probably the greatest city in the world. There is so much to see here, so many places to visit, so many things to do. During my one year journey, I've discovered a melting pot of of different cultures with great food, amazing people and superb entertainment. No city invites the heart to come to life as KL does. Arrival in KL is an experience in living.

"What about Putrajaya?" you might ask. Well, I fall in LOVE with Putrajaya when I first I visited the place in October 2009. So far, I had made three trips back to Putrajaya. The majestic buildings blended perfectly with the green parks and garden. A well executed intelligent city that stands tall among the great.

During the last several weekends, I've managed to sort out all my photos according to theme and location. Believe it or not?! I've captured more than 3 500 pictures of KL and Putrajaya.

The Beauty of KL & Putrajaya - Behind My Camera


Slideshow created with Photo Flash Maker Pro (Please ignore the watermark)

These pictures brought back loads of wonderful memories, joy and laughter. I remember the great time I had in KL and Putrajaya - meeting total strangers, chatting with them and sharing common interests.

Today (16th December 2009), it's been exactly one year since I started my solo exploration to discover the two cities. I like to share with you my pictures of KL and Putrajaya. This is a collection of the 35 best pieces from my photo blog, spanning 365 days of work. I captured all these using my Nikon D60 DSLR camera.

This 365 days project is not the end, but only the beginning. I'll continue to discover more hidden gems in these wonderful cities. Thank you and enjoy.

  1. Fern Leaves, Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve
  2. Mangosteens, Jalan Alor, Bukit Bintang
  3. Indian Sari, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, Brickfields
  4. Jackfruit Peeler, Jalan Alor, Bukit Bintang
  5. Oranges, Chinatown, Petaling Street
  6. Dropped Dead, Hibiscus Park, KL Lake Garden
  7. Hibiscus, Hibiscus Park, KL Lake Garden
  8. Overhead Bridge, Puduraya Bus Station
  9. Persimmon, KL Wholesale Market
  10. Newborn Chick, KL Bird Park
  11. Ketupat/Malay Rice Dumplings, Bazaar Ramadan, Jalan TAR
  12. Geese, Putrajaya Wetland
  13. The 'Green Man', Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve
  14. Green Veins, Hibiscus Park, KL Lake Garden
  15. Christmas Deco, Pavilion, Bukit Bintang
  16. Gulab Jamun, KL Sentral, Brickfields
  17. Sze Ngan Chye's Roast Duck, Chinatown, Petaling Street
  18. Growing, Hibiscus Park, KL Lake Garden
  19. Peria/Bitter Gourd, KL Wholesale Market
  20. The War General, God of War Temple, Petaling Street
  21. Rambutans, Chow Kit New Bazaar
  22. Red Heart, Orchid Park, KL Lake Garden
  23. Green Bones, Putrajaya Wetlands
  24. Green Wings, Hibiscus Park, KL Lake Garden
  25. The Floral Fingers, Putrajaya Botanical Park
  26. Sand Roast Chestnuts, Chinatown, Petaling Street
  27. Pre-War Building, Jalan Pudu
  28. Green Blades, Putrajaya Botanical Park
  29. Murtabak Man, Chow Kit New Bazaar
  30. Backlit Leaf, Putrajaya Botanical Park
  31. Man & Ape, KL Floral Festival, Lake Garden
  32. Green Glow, KL Lake Garden
  33. Gigantic Bird's-Nest Fern, Putrajaya Botanical Park
  34. Bend It Like MYLO, Putrajaya Wetlands
  35. The Bottles, Royal Selangor Pewter

5 comments

  1. fufu Says:
  2. 3000? not a big number!! hohohoho if i were you... i may easily end up with more than 5000

     
  3. shloke Says:
  4. fufu

    I know. Usually I snap more pics during outstation travel.

    Cheers!
    mylo

     
  5. Anonymous Says:
  6. I can easily snap thousands of pictures in London!!
    Ha ha.... I have tons of photos to post but too little time.

     
  7. Roger Says:
  8. Wow tremendous effort. The harder part is sorting out the pis and deciding which to use. The behind the scene aspects people not aware of.

     
  9. shloke Says:
  10. 1ondoncaller & Roger

    I tried not to overkill my camera. Got to replace the internal mechanism soon due to too many shutter release :)

    Organizing pictures is TIME CONSUMING & TIRING :) But, once I published these pictures in my blog post....I'M A HAPPY PERSON :)

    Cheers to all!
    mylo

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter