Where Is MYLO?

Posted by shloke 21 January 2010
I Have A Dream That One Day A Flying Elephant...

Location: Fo Guang Shan 佛光山 Temple, Jenjarom, Malaysia
Date: 21st January 2010 (Thursday), 12:21pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/4.8, ISO Equiv.: 1000

A breathtaking brass wall painting adorning the sacred shrine.

mylo....Where are you? Try and guess my latest trip :) Okay...here are some clues:

  1. Gigantic brass paintings
  2. Magnificent collection of Buddha relics
  3. All about Supreme Buddha (Sammāsambuddha)
  4. Look at the picture above

I'll be releasing two full length articles. So, guess, guess & guess. Reminds me of the Taiwanese game show 我猜我猜我猜猜猜 LOL!

ANSWER:

Place? Fo Guang Shan 佛光山 Temple in Jenjarom, Malaysia.

The brass wall painting depicts the following episode from Buddha life story:

"On the night Siddhartha was conceived, Queen Maya dreamt that a white elephant with six white tusks entered her right side, and ten months later Siddhartha was born." Source: Wikipedia

Last updated 24th January 2010

6 comments

  1. I Have A Dream That One Day A Flying Elephant...will land in my garden :)

    So, seems like you're off to.....Thailand!!!

    David

     
  2. fufu Says:
  3. i really have no idea!!! >< a hindu temple?

     
  4. Carmen Says:
  5. hmmmm...

    i guess is Thailand?

    because got elephant...

    dont spray me with the gas if i am wrong =p

     
  6. Anonymous Says:
  7. Since some people already guessed Thailand.
    I'll try another one then.

    Burma? Ha ha... You can give me your D40 if I got it right!

    Re: Gypsy quintet from the Balkan Mountains / 巴尔干山的吉普赛五重奏 / Kuintet Gipsi dari Gunung Balkan / バルカン山のジプシーの五重奏

    No, I haven't been to Borneo before! Can you believe it? Yet I call myself Malaysian. What a shame! Ha ha...

    Re: Animals in the Maze / 迷宫里的动物 / Haiwan di dalam Pagar Sesat / 迷路の中の動物

    Ha ha... I have seen the viral video before! But I think those otters are cuter than my seal.

    Re: Villa on the peninsular / 半岛的别墅 / Vila di semenanjung / 半島の別荘

    That building is owned by a pub owner, whose pub happens to be on top of the hill.

     
  8. shloke Says:
  9. David & Carmen

    LOL! An elephant in garden? That'll be a big catastrophe!

    Not Thailand :)

    fufu

    Sounds and looks like a Hindu temple.

    1ondoncaller

    NO!!!! hehe NOT in Burma :) I have only one DSLR...that's my precious D60 not D40.

    So...what is the answer?

    Read this post again!!! I updated this article with some facts.

    Thank you for guessing!

    Cheers to all!
    mylo

     
  10. Carmen Says:
  11. i know this place!

    i been there...

    hahaha... during the CNY last year...

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter