Article Preview

Title: DIVE IN
Location: Gabai Forest Waterfall, Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 13 July 2009, 11:17am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/25, ISO Equiv.: 100

I was mindful of these people on the first waterfall. I try my best not to invade their privacy. Fortunately, this family (husband, wife and two teenage boys) understand the nature of my hobby. They just ignore my presence and keep on splashing and performing some mini dive into the pool :)

Title: The Sound of Music
Location: Nirvana Memorial Park, Semenyih, Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 13 July 2009, 3:36pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100

These hailers were playing soothing music for the death. The music was audible all over the cemetery. A cemetery normally has an eerie environment. But, it was FUN exploring the place. I know it's strange but the surrounding was BEAUTIFUL & AWESOME! The world's longest Golden Dragon at 1000ft long is located in the park. Initially, I was forbidden by the guards and security officers from taking photos in the cemetery. But, I marched to the corporate office and obtained an oral permission to snap all you want.

I just returned from a trip to Gabai Forest Waterfall and Nirvana Memorial Park in Semenyih. Gabai Forest Waterfall is a nice place but Kanching Rain Forest Waterfall is still the BEST! I spent nearly three hours exploring Gabai Forest Waterfall.

After that, I was on my way driving back to Kuala Lumpur. I lost my way and end up in Semenyih. Halfway driving in Semenyih, I saw Nirvana Memorial Park. I stopped my car and decided to have a short detour to the Chinese cemetery. I was a bit apprehensive at first...not sure whether this is the right thing to do. I saw endless rows of graves and tombstones.

After obtaining permission from a pretty gal in Nirvana's corporate office, I spent two hours snapping photos in the cemetery. The place is heaven and simply beautiful. But......how come a cemetery is blissful? Catch my upcoming post for the answers :) I'm already yawning non-stop.

3 comments

  1. Roger Says:
  2. What a coincidence! On Saturday I also went to a cemetery to snap some pictures and for birdwatching. Your Ulysses quote on your profile was my favourite quote when I was in school.

     
  3. xplorer Says:
  4. where is kanching waterfall? need go go there someday.I had been to the nirvana memorial park but i don't feel comfortable taking picture there,hard to explain why

     
  5. shloke Says:
  6. @Roger,

    I guess we have the 'same taste' :)

    I chanced upon that Ulysses quote in a Canadian film known as ONE WEEK. A great film about Ben Tyler's quest in finding the meaning of life.

    @xplorer,

    Click this link for comprehensive direction to Kanching. http://www.nature-escapes-kuala-lumpur.com/Kanching-Rainforest-Waterfall.html

    Whoa! That's a first from xplorer. I didn't expect xplorer to explore a Chinese cemetery. Me too...I try to avoid taking pics of individual graves or tombstone. Got to respect 'their' privacy.

    Cheers!
    mylo

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter