Article Preview

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 3.08pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/9.0, ISO Equiv.: 100

The Annual Floral and Garden Show at KL, Malaysia (My annual trip - An event rich in vibrant colours, heavenly smell and delightful presentation!)

The Malaysia International Landscape & Garden Festival 2008 was actually held from 19-27 July 2008. This event also known as Laman 2008 and was held at the sprawling 72-acre Perdana Lake Gardens (Taman Tasik Perdana) in the city of Kuala Lumpur.

I decided to create a delayed post about this event since it deserve to be mentioned as an important and attractive event in Malaysian calendar. It was my third time visiting the floral fest. Strange enough...I can still recap at least 70 to 80 percent details about the event. I went there on 19th July 2008 (Saturday) - 1st day of the Floral Fest. It is advisable to visit the floral fest on Day 1 because the flowers are still fresh.

I drove my car to National Museum and parked my car there. Next, I crossed the overhead bridge and walk for another 20 minutes to Lake Garden. I paid RM3 for the entrance fee. I was there around 9.45 am and was inform the side entrance was still closed. I was directed to another entrance which is located faraway...no guarantee the next entrance is open. I was fuming and frustrated! It was clearly stated in local dailies and also in the official website about the opening hours - from 9.30 am onwards.

Out of nowhere a truckload of DBKL (City Hall) workers arrived and told me to wait for the guard who is holding the key. I waited...waited and waited...still no keys. Finally, they told me to climb over the concrete barricade fencing the entrance. Well, I don't mind about that! I just climbed over and I really messed myself up! The 'ugly' scene reflected improper planning from the organizer!

Lake Garden is HUGE! I was there from 10 am to 3.30 pm - 5 1/2 hours long...still I was unable to explore the whole event. So many display...floral exhibits, world garden display, environmental art, floral enclave and the list is endless...The BEST part was the presence of an orang utan and three snakes brought over by the DBKL people. I was one of the visitors that actually hold the hand of an ORANG UTAN! I captured the moment with my camera and the images turn out to be such an AMAZING PICTURE! The palm of an Orang Utan... VERY SIMILAR to us - HUMANS! There were also three pythons. One of those pythons is EXTRA LARGE! At least 6 1/2 metre long! I touched the snake with my hands. Guess what?...it was slippery, scaly and it felt pretty good! No snake phobia at all.

After that, I visited lots of floral exhibits. By afternoon, the day was extremely HOT - It was burning hot! But, I soldiered on through the pile of sweat and visited as many places as possible. I snapped lots of pictures that day. It was a GOOD day to take photos with my Nikon D60 DSLR camera. The pictures turn out to be VERY NICE!

Overall, the annual KL Floral and Garden Fest was a wonderful event albeit some lousy welcoming from the host. A must see event for floral enthusiasts.

Some pictures I took when I went to visit the KL 2008 Floral and Garden Fest:

Picture 1 - White daisy. One of my one of my favourite pictures...Its PURE WHITE!

Picture 2 - Name of this plant unknown...but I like the orange colour.

Picture 3 - Close-up shot.

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 12.58pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.3, ISO Equiv.: 200
Picture 4 - Chrysanthemums...lots of them! Wonderful colours!

Picture 5 - A bunch of baby cactus...CUTE!

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 12.43pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 125

Picture 6 - Close-up picture..the crown of thorns.

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 1.11pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100

Picture 7 - Pink flower...name unknown.
Picture 8 - Another close-up shot.
Picture 9 - A fallen flower on a bed of rocks. I LOVE the contrast of colours.

Picture 10 - Look at the petals!

Picture 11 - A young sunflower.
Picture 12 - Another bird of paradise.

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 1.56pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/8.0, ISO Equiv.: 100


Picture 13 - Sunflowers.
Picture 14 - Three in one...pink white.

Picture 15 - A typical yellow hibiscus flower...it has only five petals. Hibiscus is the national flower of Malaysia.

Picture 16 - A red coloured hibiscus.

Picture 17 - Flowers galore.
Picture 18 - A basket full of honey melons. These melons were planted organically...it was juicy and it taste sweet!

Picture 19 - A guava fruit...with lots of tiny little seeds.

Picture 20 - Palm fruit on display.

Picture 21 - Another type of palm fruit.
Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 10.23
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/7.1, ISO Equiv.: 100
Picture 22 - The large-sized python. Length measured at 6 1/2 metre long. Look at the tongue! Look friendly to me :)

Picture 23 - My encounter with the BIG FAT SERPENT...SLIPPERY, SCALY AND FUN!

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 10.23
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 100
Picture 24 - Two pythons together.

Picture 25 - Huh...a boring day...I need some HUGS AND KISSES!

Picture 26 - Where is momma?

Picture 27 - Another shot.

Picture 28 - A boat.

Location: Perdana Lake Gardens, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date: 19 July 2008, 10.33
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/6.3, ISO Equiv.: 100


Picture 29 - "ENTER THE DRAGON"

Picture 30 - A stone carving.

Picture 31- Rope.

Picture 32 - A lady scarecrow.
Picture 33 - A bronze statue.

Picture 34 - Walkway made entirely of leftover logs. CREATIVE WORK!

Picture 35 - More stone carving.
Picture 36 - Does it look odd? Pieces of medium-sized stones hang together with wires.

2 comments

  1. yi-vonne Says:
  2. very very nice work :)

     
  3. shloke Says:
  4. Yivonne,

    thank you!

    cheers,
    mylo

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter