Article Preview

Title: Sleeping?
Location: Malawati Hill, Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 20 December 2008, 11.17am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 800


This little cutie seems to be sleeping. Actually, this infant is sucking milk from mom's mammary gland.

Title: Gentle
Location: Malawati Hill, Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 20 December 2008, 11.15am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 250

This picture shows the caring mom holding her baby carefully - supporting the baby head. Look at the hands! Complete with finger nails and prints.

Title: Snug
Location: Malawati Hill, Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 20 December 2008, 11.14am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 200

Feeding time.

Title: My precious baby :)
Location: Malawati Hill, Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 20 December 2008, 11.14am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 320

Love the golden brown fur coating.

Title: Loving
Location: Malawati Hill, Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 20 December 2008, 11.15am
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 220

A caring mommy.

These Silver Leaf monkeys are AWESOME! They are not aggressive like those Cynomolgus monkeys in Batu Caves. Most of them are approachable, 'friendly' and has a human-like behaviour.

I spent three hours patiently looking for photo opportunity. It's not that easy to take decent photos of these monkeys. The adult silver leaf monkeys are a bunch of eager living things. Whenever I extended the lens of my camera, these adults will look directly to the lens and try to 'fight' off the reflection visible on the lens.

I have to say these monkeys are CUTE and ADORABLE - they even have spiky hair! The infants or babies have golden brown fur coating. As they grow older, the coating will turn to silver-black colour. I was able to take some really good close-up shot of these babies. Some of these photos even show the infants feeding on milk. Again, I approach the adult female discreetly to capture the above pictures.

Remember to follow Part 3 to view pictures of adult silver leaf primates.

1 Responses to Malawati Hill (Part 2) - A Silver Leaf Monkey & Golden Brown Infant, Feeding Time!

  1. Roger Says:
  2. Incredible images. You have saint-like patience to have waited so long for a good photo opportunity.Yes, cute and adorable no doubt about it.

     
Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter