Title: Indian Hand Gesture
Location: Indian Temple @ Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia
Date: 30 July 2009, 2:37pm
Camera: Nikon D60 with Aperture: f/5.6, ISO Equiv.: 1100

I think this is the Pataka hand gesture (Mudra). Pataka means “Flag”. Pataka is done with all fingers held straight like the Stop sign.


This is my fourth trip to Batu Caves and also the fourth time I climbed 272 steps to the cave. Today, I decided to spend some time visiting an Indian temple located next to the concrete steps. First time visiting this temple. Upon entering, I saw numerous large-sized Goddesses. I was MESMERIZED looking at those statues. One word to sum it all up - BEAUTIFUL!

Publishing Part 2 with more pictures. Remember to follow :)

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails












My Photo
shloke
Traveling & photography are the most rewarding & enriching experiences in my life. Photography is all about discovery, enjoying myself, having adventure, learning people & nature. The greatest experience for me is the connection I felt with NATURE. If you haven’t seen Malaysia, you haven’t seen the world! My photography works are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported.
View my complete profile


mylo's twitter

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter